Today, in recognition of #WorldEnvironmentDay, we have updated our Environment Policy to formalise staff practices in avoidance of single use plastics and #beatplasticpollution.
The updated policy aims to minimise and where possible eliminate, plastic waste generated by all staff at all sites where we operate. Specific practices include limiting or avoiding single-use:
- plastic bags: reusable shopping bags to be available by the front door of office for staff use;
- cutlery and cups: exclude plastic cutlery and cups from deliveries and purchases;
- plastic straws: metal straws to be provided for staff use;
- plastic containers: staff are encouraged to take their own containers when purchasing or consuming food; and
- coffee cups: staff encouraged to take their own reusable coffee cup.
The updated policy also address office purchasing practices. Staff are encouraged to avoid buying over-packaged products and support businesses that use recyclable or biodegradable packaging.